Supplied By SWM Services GmbH On Aug. 31, 2016 Comments(45)
APP for iPhone MVG Fahrinfo München versionVaries with device Download
MVG Fahrinfo München is the up-to-date journey planner provided by Munich Transport Corporation (MVG) for Munich and the region with subway, suburban train, tram and city bus as well as regional trains and regional buses. It offers MVV HandyTicket, the mobile ticket for all means of transportation in the Munich Transport and Tariff Association (MVV). Simply enter start and destination and get the best connections with the matching e-ticket. No local or tariff knowledge is required to choose the right mobile ticket – just enjoy Munich!
• Mobile ticket for the entire MVV system:
Safe and convenient cashless payments with credit card (VISA, MasterCard, American Express) or direct debit from your bank account.
- Single ticket for adults or children
- Day ticket for adults, children or groups
- Strip ticket for children, young people (age 15-20) and adults
- Short trip
- Anschlussticket for single journeys outside the scope of your season ticket or IsarCardAbo.
- Day ticket for bicycles in urban rail, underground or regional trains
- Airport-City-Day-Ticket to Munich Airport (MUC)
- CityTourCard: day ticket for public transport and discounted admission to tourist attractions
- QueerCityPass: day ticket for public transport and discounts for queer tourists.
• integrated journey planner for public transport in the Greater Munich area with comfortable function for earlier / later journeys
• Free choice between bar graphs or list view
• City map with locating function and choice of a stop or station as start or destination.
• Save and delete favorites for tickets, connections and departures.
• Save connections in your calendar
• Share your journey with your friends via SMS, e-mail, WhatsApp and more
• Alarm function: Between 5 and 30 minutes before departure you will be reminded to leave in time.
• Live data / real-time data for journeys and departures in the city of Munich.
• Easy verification of punctuality: live departure times for all stations in the city of Munich.
• Current messages: current MVG ticker, messages for today and the next days
• Functional status of elevators and escalators within the route information
• Adjustable mobility options for accessible public transport connections
• Network and tariff maps
• MVG Bike rental system: Find MVG Bikes and bike stations on the map, in your connection or next to your departure stop. Your selection is passed to MVG more, the app for MVG Bike, car-sharing and individual transport in Munich.
• Munich’s car-sharing providers: Select cars near your start, destination or interchange and reserve them in the app MVG more.
• Additional information in the tab "More" on:
- Mobility, e.g. MVG Nightline, park and ride, taxi and our mobility partners S-Bahn Munich, BOB, ALEX, MERIDIAN and FlixBus.
- Current events and tips for spending time in Munich and the region, e.g. fairs, festivals, Tollwood, Oktoberfest
- Services of Stadtwerke München public utility company and MVG, e.g. website MVG.de, hotline, lost-and-found office, customer center, MVG on Facebook, Google+ and YouTube
Stop by regularly and be inspired.
HandyTicket valid in the entire MVV system e.g.: Allershausen, Altomünster, Andechs, Aying, Dachau, Dorfen, Ebersberg, Eching, Erding, Freising, Fürstenfeldbruck, Garching, Gauting, Germering, Gilching, Gräfelfing, Grafing, Haar, Herrsching, Höhenkirchen-Siegertsbrunn, Holzkirchen, Ismaning, Karlsfeld, Kirchheim, Kirchseeon, Krailling, Mainburg, Maisach, Mammendorf,Markt Schwaben,Moosburg,Neubiberg,Neufahrn,Oberschleißheim,Olching, Ottobrunn,Petershausen,Planegg,Poing,Puchheim,Putzbrunn,Sauerlach,Seefeld,Starnberg,Taufkirchen, Tutzing,Unterhaching,Unterschleißheim, Vaterstetten, Wolfratshausen, Zorneding
For travel information, departures and purchasing mobile tickets an internet connection is necessary. Purchased mobile tickets can be displayed anytime even without internet connection. The accuracy or completeness of the information provided cannot be guaranteed.
SWM Services GmbH part of our Maps & Navigation and have average installs from 500000 to 1000000.
Last Update Aug. 31, 2016. Appstore play rating is 72.6413. Current verison is Varies with device. Actual size 9.0 MB.
Messages in a new design
Download mvg-fahrinfo-munchen.apk 9.0 MB
• Current or planned changes for your favourite lines at a glance.
Tip: simply enter the line number and favour your line.
• Current messages appear also in your journey details.
• SEA LIFE Day ticket for children, adults and groups valid for MVV inner area (City of Munich) and for priority access to SEA LIFE Munich.
• Network and tariff maps can be loaded in the future without updating the app.
• Version for the Oktoberfest 2016
Extremely useful! After the last update this app works as promised again. Thanks guys!
Really bad I don't know why after the actualization instead logos, I have some weird Chinese symbols. Maybe it is not compatible...
Slow and buggy The app is very slow and the keyboars interface is automatically reset while typing
Piece of crap Buggy, you never seem to know where the back button will take you, slow as hell, loses connection, bad outdated design, etc etc
Not compatible with my Sony Xperia Z3 Android 4.4. Details of the route are not visible when I touch on the trip proposal and also in meldungs.
Pile of crap I need a Kurzstrecke, I can't buy one in the app. Why??????
The buttons sometimes dont aork
English Is there an English interface?
Bugs render it unusable Cannot fill in start and destination since text fields don't register my typing. Useless.
Some important functionality missing 1) Unable to see the Zwischenstops. 2) Doesn't understand addresses, only full names of stops. Example: "Lauensteinstrasse 9, 81549 München" will not be found. The app will not be able to suggest the nearest stop (U-bahn/S-bahn/tram etc). The Deutsche Bahn app can do that. Thus, the app's search algorithm is quite weak, especially when it is dedicated for Munich.
Disappointed After using it for about one year (my 1st review was really positive for a brand new app), I don't see any large improvements, especially compared to the MVV Companion. In my opinion this app should rather really help the user instead of its obvious attempt to create and maintain a nice public image of the MVV. Why does it never show current announcements or delays ? The layout is not suited for tablets or any larger screens as it forces a vertical orientation. Compared to the Companion it really lacks support for many simple tasks, it seems to take another great amount of time until it provides at least the MVV Companion's large functionality. Unless you don't want to buy tickets with this app (which is still not possible for the majority of ticket types !), you probably won't need it.
Battery drain I suspect the app does not properly uses the GPS / location services which leads to extreme battery draining. Uninstalled it until further notice.
Not trustable information Too often the time schedule provided is not in line with the reality. No way to trust especially with the sbahn time table. Why spending money in developing an app that provides un trustable info?
It's plain wrong All timelines provided by the app as wrong and the option to submit info from users was removed . The app is ruined.
Works really well Excellent app, does what it is supposed to. Buying tickets works well
Passed Stops is missing! I got out today on the wrong stop, because the passed stop were not shown by the a app and in the bus there was no information. Passed stops is a "necessary" function. Ithink it was removed just lately. Instead connection from the current stop are shown.
Needs multilingual support No multilingual support makes it rather difficult for visitors to Munich to use.
Not able to purchase the ticket Site lack info on errors not so good overall
Account fails after 2 weeks use My account suddenly stoped working saying wrong user or password ..I tried to clean my pass online. . But said that my email is not registered. . But if I want to register it again said that the email is already used. .
I have always used and liked this application, but since the latest release it asks to validate address, etc., but it does not accept UK postcodes. Without validation, you are not able to buy any more tickets. This means that I cannot use this app any more. Well, back into the taxi I go.
Horrible UX Randomly fails to list "current position" in the stop selection, didn't find my stop by name either. UX is even worse than DB Navigator
Poorly designed app Difficult to find the info i want. Can not buy Isarcard as advertised.
Getting worse and worse First you moved the button to open menu to the top left corner. Did you try to reach it on a modern phone when operating with one hand? Then you made it to be very slow. Then you made selection of stops to work from second or third click only. And now, after the last update you optimized it for some tiny resolution and introduced so many bugs, that it is almost unusable (once you check the departing transport from some stop, you need to kill and restart the application to see departures from another stop).
Great app with great functionality, however the user interface could better.
Improvements Stable and reliable app and use of ticketing. Use of stripe tickets need to be improved.
New design is really bad / got logged out / map is not offline The new design looks really bad (like someone wanted to follow the material design guidelines but then gave up at 20%) / last time I wanted to buy a ticket, I was logged out. This is really irritating because I was already on the S Bahn and had to do a padsword reset. / unfortunately the public transportation map doesn't seem to be offline
Bad design - no English The design is really bad, you cannot use it offline while it is the purpose of such apps to not need connection!! Also it does not have any option to use it in English.... This app can only be used by German people having a real data connection not travelers whom does not speak German nor have a comfortable 3G/4G connection.
Ugh... Doesn't accept foreign addresses Accepts the country Japan, but refuses to accept the postcode. So much for tourist-friendly... mailed developers but no response either.
Why would the new version require access to my photo/media storage?
Does not work with UK postcodes anymore The in app purchases system is now broken (it used to work). I cannot enter a valid UK postcode as it says letters are not allowed but if I just enter some dummy numbers it says the postcode format is inconsistent with the country. Please fix this, then I'll improve my rating.
Not multiligual The app is in German only!!! Not helpful.
Gets the job done. That's all good I can say about it. When buying a ticket, the stop selection text box doesn't allow autocomplete and autocorrect. Also, it shows stops from all random cities. Most ridiculous, though - why can't it get the stop name from phone's location?
No english It us not in English version
Completely incorrect Crap. Can't rely on this app whatsoever
Better Today the app is working.
Map is not offline The map is still not offline. Sometimes I need to check some U/S Bahn stops fast but when there is no net connwction it does not load. Please make the map offline
English Version!!! Thank you so much for the English version.
No way to cancel orders, any mistaken orders are permanent. Otherwise it's alright, but this critical flaw can cost you a lot of money, so it really does not deserve more than one star, if even that.
Some important functionality missing 1) Unable to see the Zwischenstops. 2) Doesn't state which platform to take the trains 3) Doesn't understand addresses, only full names of stops. Example: "Lauensteinstrasse 9, 81549 München" will not be found. The app will not be able to suggest the nearest stop (U-bahn/S-bahn/tram etc). The Deutsche Bahn app can do that. Thus, the app's search algorithm is quite weak, especially when it is dedicated for Munich.
Map not offline? / still takes ages to open The map is still not offline. Sometimes I need to check some U/S Bahn stops quickly, but it takes ages to open. It's either not offline or there is some other bug
Not self explain if u want to use streifenkarte I select buy ticket. Select streifenkarte and then it ask for Standort. . I didnt know why. When i buy the streifenkarte i got 1 kurzstrecke ...so meaning istead of the 10 streifen i got 9.. it doesnt say that you need to travrl right away when you buy it. It doesn't explain how to use it either.. it took me like 30 mins to figure out how. For that reason just 1 start
Gets the job done This app works great if you need to buy a ticket and don't have cash on you. It doesn't always show the fastest connection however. Please add the option of saving a second or third persons name and birthday when purchasing a ticket for them.
Sometimes working sometimes not
Like it Thank you for this great app!!!